Go back to article: Seismographs at Eskdalemuir Observatory, 1908–1925: tools for rethinking the origins of international cooperation in seismology

Figure 3

Black and white photograph from 1910 showing the Milne seismograph at Eskdalemuir Observatory

The Milne seismograph no. 52 at Eskdalemuir Observatory, with part of its wooden cover removed to show the working parts. Albert Edgar Gendle, Clerk Assistant to the observatory, took this photograph c. 1910. The instrument was later acquired by the Science Museum: inventory number 1928-281